Integrating Somatic Psychotherapy with EMDR: Part One
Tracking Resiliency • Pacing the Work • Deepening Processing
THIS TRAINING IS FULL.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK TO BE PUT ON OUR WAITING LIST FOR THE MISSOULA TRAINING. THANK YOU!
In this intensive 4-day course, therapists will learn assessing and intervening from a somatic perspective while using EMDR, to enhance the therapy process. Heightened awareness of the functioning of the body and nervous system aid the therapist in pacing the work well. This approach taps into our natural inclination towards completion, integrating well with the EMDR AIP model. Therapists can increase their skills in tracking and developing resiliency, crucial for the many moments in therapy when our clients struggle to stay regulated.
24 CEU’s approved by EMDRIA, ASWB, CA BBS, Montana , Utah, Illinois licensing boards
This workshop is limited to 27 participants to enhance the personal nature of learning process-oriented work.
Participants will learn and experience how to:
- Closely assess momentary levels of activation
- Pace the work with attention to resiliency and the “window of tolerance”
- Observe dynamics of internal processing not available from client self-reporting
- Utilize the power of “sustained awareness”
- Work with the inherent dilemmas between drives for completion and protection
- Track subtleties of dissociative dynamics
- Identify and reprocess early survival strategies
- Increase integration of shifts that emerge in each moment of the therapy process
- Enhance experience of existing and new resources
- Nurture the development of discernment and self-awareness skills
Foundational to this work is the therapist learning to deeply “trust the process,” and fully engage in the client’s “nature of completion.”
This training includes lecture, presentation and discussion, handouts, video of client sessions, live demonstrations, short skill-building practicums, and 60-minute practicum sessions with feedback.
Click here for a more detailed Description of this training.
Click here for Daily Agendas
Click here for Participant Reviews
Click here for Learning Objectives
After this training, therapists describe new awareness and practice in their therapy with immediate positive effects. This is a stand-alone training. Further training, consultation and practicum in this approach are available.
HOTELS: Here is a list of hotels that are closest to the venue:
2. Comfort Inn 1021 E. Broadway 406-549-7600
3. Doubletree Hotel 100 Madison St. 406-728-3100
4. Thunderbird Motel 1009 E. Broadway 406-543-7251
Missoula local training coordinator
Dodie Moquin, LMFT
Certified EMDR Therapist